Lighting Install Technician
Up to £27,000 a year
Are you looking for a role where you can tackle the climate crisis and make a real impact on the future of sustainability?
Prolectric’s next-generation technology is accelerating the change to a more sustainable future for businesses, communities, and the planet - and you can be part of that. So far, our products have saved over 27 million tons of CO2 emissions from entering the atmosphere.
We are the off-grid renewable lighting and power specialists. Our cutting-edge solar technology and telematics software enables businesses to move away from fossil fuels, helping them meet their carbon-saving commitments.
We combine the latest solar and battery technology with engineering excellence to create products that save our customers money on fuel and cut their carbon emissions.
Our culture is built around corporate social responsibility, being one of few UK companies to hold a gold CSR accreditation and the UK’s most prestigious business accolade - a Queens Award for Sustainable Development.
You have an exciting opportunity to join our permanent street lighting installation team as an installation technician to assist with the delivery of various contracts, based out of our head office in Clevedon. The role offers room for development, with plenty of variation and the chance to work on a range of different solar based lighting projects and sites.
We are looking for someone with a construction or ground works-based background who operates well within a site environment, passionate about providing quality service to the customer, has a real attention to detail and works well within a wider team of technicians to achieve a common goal.
Key Responsibilities in the Role:
- Prepare lighting products ready for installation including programming and assembly
- Prepare ground conditions as required including scanning, digging and cement mixing/filling
- Install all solar streetlights and columns as per the customers’ requirements / site plans
- Attend site(s) to trouble shoot issues as they arise and resolve breakdowns where required
- Transport all necessary goods/parts to and from site ready for installation
- Carrying out towing of all necessary equipment from time to time as required (towing license not mandatory)
Skills, Knowledge and Competencies Required:
- Previous experience in the installation of solar street lighting (not mandatory)
- Alternatively, a strong background in site either construction, civils/rail work and or ground works is preferred
- A strong work ethic as the role requires the completion of site installations throughout the year, in all conditions
- Ability to work part of a team and capable of forging close working relationships with others is essential
- Ability to work with the customer as per site requirements and present the company a professional manner
- Working knowledge of health and safety legislation, systems and procedures
- Excellent time, communication and workload management skills with the ability to work to strict deadlines
We offer a number of employee benefits including paid leave for volunteer work, birthday day off, plus 31 days holiday (inclusive of Bank Holidays) rising to 33 days after 1 years’ service.
- Company socials
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Life Assurance (3x base salary)
- Free on-site parking
- Private Medical Insurance (after qualifying period)
- Employee Discount Platform
- SAYE scheme (after qualifying period)
- Charity Matching Programme
- EAP via online Platform
- 23 days annual leave
- Birthday day off
- Charity Volunteer days
- 8-hour shift: 07:30 – 16:00 (Job Dependant)
- 40 hours per week
- Overtime available where necessary/required
- Monday to Friday
- Staying away will be required as part of the role
- On call requirements may apply
- To be medically fit to fulfil the duties and responsibilities of the role
- Must be flexible and prepared to travel/stay away as the business dictates
- CSCS (not essential)
- SSSTS card (not essential)
- IPAF (not essential)
- Cat scan qualification (not essential)
- First aid qualification (not essential)
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a related field/position
- Full UK driving license (ability to tow preferred but not essential)
Please send covering letter & CV to firstname.lastname@example.org