Deputy Permanent Lighting Installation Supervisor
Up to £30,000 a year
Are you looking for a role where you can tackle the climate crisis and make a real impact on the future of sustainability?
Prolectric’s next-generation technology is accelerating the change to a more sustainable future for businesses, communities, and the planet - and you can be part of that. So far, our products have saved over 27 million tons of CO2 emissions from entering the atmosphere.
We are the off-grid renewable lighting and power specialists. Our cutting-edge solar technology and telematics software enables businesses to move away from fossil fuels, helping them meet their carbon-saving commitments.
We combine the latest solar and battery technology with engineering excellence to create products that save our customers money on fuel and cut their carbon emissions.
Our culture is built around corporate social responsibility, being one of few UK companies to hold a gold CSR accreditation and the UK’s most prestigious business accolade - a Queens Award for Sustainable Development.
You have an exciting opportunity to join our permanent street lighting installation team as a deputy supervisor to oversee the delivery of various contracts based out of our head office in Clevedon. The role offers room for growth and development, with plenty of variation and the chance to work on a range of different solar based lighting projects.
We are looking for someone with either a permanent lighting installation and/or construction-based background who has significant supervisory experience, passionate about providing a quality service & product, has a real attention to detail and performs well managing a team across a range of site environments.
Key Responsibilities in the Role:
- Manage/supervise permanent solar street lighting installation projects to include a team of up to 4x technicians
- Prepare lighting products ready for installation including programming and assembly
- Prepare ground conditions as required including scanning, digging and cement mixing/filling
- Install and commission all solar streetlights and columns as per the customers’ requirements and site plans
- Attend site(s) to trouble shoot issues as they arise and resolve breakdowns where required
- Transport all necessary goods/parts to and from site ready for installation
- Ensure the health, safety and correct working practices of all colleagues/subcontractors whilst on site
Skills, Knowledge and Competencies Required:
- Strong management skills with the ability to direct site activities as per best practices
- Ability to work as part of a team and motivate others with the goal of providing a quality product and service
- A strong background in site either permanent lighting installation, construction and/or ground works is preferred
- An excellent work ethic as the role requires the completion of site installations across the UK
- Able to work closely with the customer and present the company a professional manner
- Working knowledge of health and safety legislation, systems and procedures
- Excellent time, communication and workload management skills with the ability to work to strict deadlines
We offer a number of employee benefits including paid leave for volunteer work, birthday day off, plus 31 days holiday (inclusive of Bank Holidays) rising to 33 days after 1 years’ service.
- Company socials
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Life Assurance (3x base salary)
- Free on-site parking
- Private Medical Insurance (after qualifying period)
- Employee Discount Platform
- SAYE scheme (after qualifying period)
- Charity Matching Programme
- EAP via online Platform
- 23 days annual leave
- Birthday day off
- Charity Volunteer days
- Overnight and meal allowances when staying away
- Corporate Eye Care Scheme
- 8-hour shift: 07:30 – 16:00 (Job Dependant)
- 40 hours per week
- Overtime available where necessary/required
- Monday to Friday
- Staying away will be required as part of the role
- On call requirements may apply
- To be medically fit to fulfil the duties and responsibilities of the role
- Must be flexible and prepared to travel/stay away as the business dictates
- CSCS (essential)
- SSSTS card (essential)
- First aid qualification (essential)
- IPAF (not essential)
- Cat scan qualification (not essential)
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a related field/position
- Full UK driving license (ability to tow preferred but not essential)
Please send covering letter & CV to email@example.com